Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie spoke out about the infamous red carpet prankster Vitalii Sediuk and how his inappropriate antics are going to affect meet-and-greet with real fans.
Brad Pitt was at the end of a line for signing autographs during his fiancée Angelina Jolie’s “Maleficent” movie premiere when he was attacked by Ukrainian journalist Vitalii Sediuk. Pitt told People mag: “Out the corner of my eye I saw someone stage-diving over the barrier at me. I took a step back; this guy had latched onto my lapels. I looked down and the nutter was trying to bury his face in my crotch, so I cracked him twice in the back of the head – not too hard – but enough to get his attention, because he did let go.”
Sediuk has gone after other celebrities like Will Smith, Bradley Cooper, Leonardo DiCaprio and most recently, America Ferrera.
Brad’s team quickly stopped Sediuk, although Pitt says “I think he was then just grabbing for a hand hold because the guys were on him, and he reached up and caught my glasses.” He adds: “I don’t mind an exhibitionist, but if this guy keeps it up he’s going to spoil it for the fans who have waited up all night for an autograph or a selfie, because it will make people more wary to approach a crowd. And he should know, if he tries to look up a woman’s dress again, he’s going to get stomped.”
Last month Sediuk was nabbed at the Cannes Film Festival, after attempting to get under actress America Ferrera’s red carpet gown.
Jolie also talked about the incident, telling the Associated Press: “People like that are an exception to the rule. Most fans are just wonderful. We’ve had a wonderful experience over the years, and we’re very grateful for their support, and it will not change the way we behave.”
Sediuk faces four misdemeanor charges in connection with an alleged May 28 attack on actor Brad Pitt at a Los Angeles movie premiere. He has been banned from all red carpet events and ordered to stay away from the Jolie-Pitt family.
Photos by: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN.com