Nigella Lawson’s throat-grabbing husband Charles Saatchi is reportedly divorcing his wife.
Billionaire/art collector Charles Saatchi, who is popular in his niche, reach worldwide news when a photo of the couple saw Saatchi’s hands around television chef Nigella Lawson’s throat at a London restaurant in June.
At the time, Saatchi said it was far from assault, claiming his grabbing her by the neck was “just playful tiff.” He accepted a police caution for assault soon after. Nigella, on the other hand, remained mum about the incident.
Now Saatchi says he is divorcing his wife, after being married since 2003. He told the Mail on Sunday: “I am sorry to announce that Nigella Lawson and I are getting divorced. I feel that I have clearly been a disappointment to Nigella during the last year or so, and I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never abused her physically in any way.” He adds: “I am sorry that we had a row. I am sorry she was upset. I am even more sorry that this is the end of our marriage.”
Saatchi adds it was a “heartbreaking” decision for him and admitted that they had “become estranged and drifted apart” over the past year.
Lawson and Saatchi have no children together. Saatchi has a daughter from his second wife, while Nigella has two kids – Cosima and Bruno – from her marriage to journalist John Diamond, who died of throat cancer in 2001.
Photos by: WENN.com